Wednesday, October 30, 2013

On this month and blogging.

October marks the first significant dropoff in my attempts to blog every day this year. I'll be completely honest with you guys; I'll be damned if I know why. Something about where I am and what I'm doing hasn't put me much in a writing frame of mind.

And it's not that there aren't things to talk about. The rest of 2013 has some significant events remaining, including three major trips with family and friends. Ideas are whirling about my ever-uncertain future without plans of any kind solidifying. There is information to be gathered, knowledge to be absorbed, and a wide range of options to be considered.

The future is vast and shadowy. Terrifying and promising all at once, when certainties fall away. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had my future on lock. I had a wife, a business, a plan. Sometimes I feel like I put these strictures upon myself just to narrow the field, to make things solid so that I knew what to do next.

But things fall apart, and once more I'm standing, staring into the black, wondering where I'll put my feet next. Tomorrow, it'll be work. Next week, it'll be Paris. Next month, it'll be Amsterdam.

Next year, who knows?

1 comment:

  1. "The future is vast and shadowy. Terrifying and promising all at once, when certainties fall away."

    This, yes, this. Thanks.

    <3

    ReplyDelete