Friday, November 1, 2013

On Anthony.

A friend of mine killed himself in the last couple of days. I just found out today.

Friend's too strong a word. Acquaintance. I haven't spoken to him in ages.

He was a good kid. Unstable. Unhappy. But he had a good heart. When he laughed, it came from deep inside. I could feel it, hear the joy in it.

I won't lie. It's crossed my mind from time to time. More recently than I'd like to admit.

What pulls people back from the brink in times like this?

And why doesn't it work sometimes?

(Godspeed, Anto. For all it's worth, I hope you've found peace.)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of Anthony's death. Suicide breaks my heart, probably even more so because I understand it, have considered it, can connect a bit with what those people are thinking when they make that choice.

    You know where to find me if you ever need to talk to someone who will help you off that ledge. I don't know what works & what doesn't or why or when, but it's always worth it to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love. I didn't have any troubles facing it down in its most recent instance, but I know that's very rarely the case. It's a horrible thing.

      Delete