Saturday, November 2, 2013

On contemplation and evaluation.

I've been doing a fair amount of thinking recently. This year was the year I reengaged with humanity, where I recovered from the expiration of things of the previous couple of years, got back out into the world, and started getting back to being me.

And I did so. Quite well, I'd like to add - made a host of new friends, connected with my community, and generally started being more of a human being.

But where do you go from here? I've found myself getting restless, craving more now that I'm back on the rails. But what? Career directions and options abound. Locations around the world flare to life on the radar. I've started asking myself what I'm missing in my life, where I want to go, what I want to do.

And always, always, there's that nagging feeling that I'm too old for this shit. That at my age, I should have at least SOME things figured out, rather than starting from square one.

But that's bullshit, isn't it? When is there ever a bad time to take stock in where you are and where you're going? When is it a bad idea to do a little self-evaluation to figure out if you're happy with what you're doing?

Now's as good a time as any, because any's a good time.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate far too closely to the end part of this, at least, to feeling too old to start over. Like, don't I have any of this shit on track?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you keep building towards it, then scrapping the plans and starting over! SO ANNOYING.

      Delete