Sunday, November 10, 2013

Paris, Day 6.

Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I've been doing me things, bumping around, having fun. But I don't want to be that kind of blogger that talks about the things they do without any substance behind it. I'll do a recap when I get back, I'm sure.

I don't want to leave. Not for the usual reasons that people say this at the tail end of their vacations - it's not a sense of escapism, a lack of a want to get 'back to reality'. It's because this city makes me feel like I can carve a life for myself here. I can build an existence that is more fulfilling, more real than my life is now.

But how much of that is Paris, and how much of that is me just being restless with the way things are right now?

I've spent the last couple of years in a fog. This year, I've been getting my legs under me, learning to stand again. Soon I'll remember how to walk, how to run.

I'm still processing. Give me a little time on this one.

1 comment: