Monday, September 16, 2013

On a paradigm shift.

The season is shifting, and it brings with it change.

It's strange to leave some things behind with the heat and humidity of summer; some passings are sad, some less so. But the path ahead is rich with miles and knowledge and people, so I have no right to complain.

A year ago I was a wreck, still. All kinds of broken and strange, with little hope and less motivation. Things have changed since then - unexpected recoveries of things I thought I'd lost. Friends, good friends that I enjoy spending time with and take a truthful interest in. I have direction. I have momentum.

Every life has its ups and downs; this is a truth as old as humanity. It's easy to lose sight of that, to forget that after a low point, there's still time to reclaim to highs.

And I have time. Perhaps not much, but more than I thought I did. I have a new standard. I have new ideas.

And that itch in my bones is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment