Monday, February 25, 2013

On my superpower.

I got into a discussion about superpowers while talking with Kitty today.  It was about the weather, and how I'm strangely resistant to cold.  Not immune, mind you; I can just bear significantly lower temperatures than the average human being, which is odd, considering my lineage.  But whatever.

So I was going to write a post about what my superpower(s) would be, but that seemed a little self-absorbed.  So instead I decided to ask those near and dear to me what they thought.  And here's what they said.

Perception
  Lauren:  X-Ray vision, if it has to be a classic superhero superpower.  Otherwise, perception.
  Marc:  Intuitive aptitude.
  Ness:  Analysis, absorption, and application of patterns and systems.

Persuasion
  Afshin:  you know face from the a-team?
    how he can talk his way into ladies' pants and out of mens' ire?
    you got some of that.

And not surprisingly, the vast majority of the responses came back with...
Culinary Crap
  Afshin:  also some crazy intuitive feel for flavors and aromas
  Shay:  making people hungry (actually, if I had to pick one, this would be it.  I'm worse than weed.)
  The Count:  your superpower is definitely frying things.
  Pericles:  Drunken pantry recipe creation.

  Na:  bacon
  me:  That's a meat product, not a superpower.
  Na:  cooking bacon

So there you have it.  I only gathered a limited sample, so guys, if you know me, lemme hear it.

And even if you don't, what do you think your superpower would be?  What do you think your friends would say?

No comments:

Post a Comment