Sunday, May 26, 2013

On Memorial Day Weekend.

Funny how a singular arbitrary holiday can change so much. It's Memorial Day Weekend here in the States, a long weekend marked by grilling and trips to the shore. The unofficial start of the summer, when everyone shakes off the winter drearies and spring rains and starts hitting the road. Calendars swell with events, from trips to the Hamptons to music festivals to outdoor weddings. We come alive.

Hot on the heels of BiSC, I decided to get out of the house more. This is a reasonably big deal for me; I'm a hermit, a creature of habit, and someone who really enjoys being alone in my home with video games and cats. Daylight and social activity aren't really my bag.

But there are people out there. People I shouldn't just communicate via text or Gchat with, people I should see face to face, hug, and listen to their actual voices.

I told myself that if I didn't have to work, I'd just travel. Visit my tribes, old and new, near and far, and eat my way through their cities. So maybe I'll stick my toe in the water and see how that goes for me.

Cheers, guys. I'll see you 'round. Here on the internet or face to face, I'll see you 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment