Thursday, May 23, 2013

On travel-eating.

I was reminded lately how much I enjoy traveling. I know this isn't really a groundbreaking statement; lots of people like to travel, and I'm pretty sure I've stated in the past that I enjoy it. But I'm still totally in rest and recovery mode, and I don't feel like going out of my comfort zone yet, so suck it.

Ever since food turned from hobby to career (though it's arguably not really my career anymore), I've gotten into the habit of eating my way through cities - identifying where the best eats are in a new burg and making it a point to experience them. And never ever ever is there ever enough time to hit them all. It's maddening, really. I love food, I love how the region dictates the cuisine. I love how some cities take pride in some of the most basic things (I still have daydreams of Art of Pizza's deep dish in Chicago) or how places like Vegas can have zero regional cuisine outside of big-name chefs and touristy crap.

So this is my solemn vow. If I'm lucky/blessed enough to make my millions, I'm going out there to eat as much of this world as I can. And I'm going to blog about it, so you, my dear readers, can join me.

Not that I'll be saying anything intelligible about any of it, I'm sure. Just pictures with captions like "OM NOM MOTHERFUCKERS". Because that's how I roll.

1 comment:

  1. My town has AMAZING RESTAURANTS ALL AROUND. Zagat & yelp will confirm. Juuuust sayin'.

    ReplyDelete