Sunday, January 27, 2013

On living by yourself.

This may sound odd, but it's taken me until my 33rd year to live completely by myself.  No family members, no roommates, no significant others.  And while the adjustment period was a little rough, now that I've gotten used to it, this shit is the tits.  Seriously.

Of course, I know this dream can't last forever.  One day, I'll settle down with a wonderful woman, have 2.2 children, and think fondly of this carefree state.  Or I'll go dead broke and have to get a roommate to cover utilities.  In any case, these halcyon days will come to an end, and I shall weep the bitter tears of cohabitation.

And when that day comes...

Things I'll miss when some poor sucker decides to live with me:

1.  Eating ice cream directly out of the container.
2.  Prepping coffee nude in the kitchen before I head back up to take a shower.
3.  Doing anything nude around the house, really.
4.  Really getting into Rock Band.  I mean kick-over-chairs and sing-backup get into it.
5.  Doing the dishes, like, once a week.
6.  Planning the contents of my refrigerator with laser-like precision.
7.  Blasting music and singing in the shower.
8.  Practicing dance moves from Scrubs in the living room.
9.  Using my wheely office chair to get anywhere on the first floor when I'm feeling extra-lazy.
10.  Licking the spoon before I put it back in the soup.
11.  Pausing and rewinding new TV shows to make sure I catch everything.
12.  Using the left side of my bed as a cell phone/laptop/pants repository.
13.  Napping anywhere I damn well please.

I'm already sad on the inside.  (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment