Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On clothes shopping.

This is how I know I'm failing as an adult.

I need new pants, since I've lost two in the last year or so to rippage, and I need a swimsuit for BiSC. And my knee-jerk reaction, because I've been a broke-ass motherfucker for all of my adult life, is to go to Old Navy.

Seriously. I have no other ideas as to where to shop for these things. Maybe Target, since the one near me has a Chipotle close to it and I've been jonesing for some carnitas. If I needed dress shirts, I'd be boned. As it is, I buy t-shirts off of the interwebs, and ask for socks for my birthday and Christmas.

How did I get to this point? How am I a thirty-something who dresses like he's still in college? How do all of my non-jeans pant solutions have extra pockets at the sides of the knee? How do I crave Bioware shirts because for some reason, they're soft like a hug from an aunt?

Fuck this adulting shit. I want my money back.

2 comments:

  1. Ain't a damn thing wrong with Old Navy, my friend. We don't have them here but if we did, I'd be all up in that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online Forever 21 wine-inspired purchases make up 90% of my wardrobe. The other 10 just appears somehow. And I'm clearly neither 21 nor magic. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete