Thursday, April 11, 2013

On finding time to write.

Does anyone else have a problem with this, or am I just that disjointed?

When I followed the lovely Miss Kitty's lead in the BED2013 project, I was unemployed and generally directionless, with my only hobbies being online writing and video games. Writing a blog every day, especially if I could phone it in now and again, seemed like a fairly doable thing.

But there's something about getting up and at 'em that's been throwing me off lately when it comes to blogging. I need to settle into a groove to get my thoughts out coherently, and that's tough to do after grocery shopping and getting a haircut and planting arugula and discussing short-term goals for the company.

I guess it's not that big a deal. I wouldn't be so antsy about it if I didn't have a solid idea for a blog in the chamber and I just can't get the wherewithal to pull it off for the second day in a row now. The thing is, I'm 103 days in now; I've made a commitment.

And like all commitments, sometimes the going gets rough. But you keep your head down and you power through.

Or, you know, you quit. But quitting's for chumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment