Wednesday, April 3, 2013

On fantasy world titles.

I've always loved when characters in fantasy settings get titles appended to their names.  You know, Strongor the Doombringer, or Dickbucket the Assfaced.  Sometimes I wonder what our lives would be like if we wore our characteristics in our names.  Pavel the Sensespeaker, Pericles the Plansmith.  Ness of the Floopage.  Laurenica the Maelstrom.  T-Bag the Balldipper.

I wonder what title I'd wind up with.  Foodwrangler?  Snarkspitter?  Couchlord?  Therein lies the trickiness.  It's not a matter of how I see myself, it's how others see me.  And that's a surprisingly difficult thing to find out.  Which again, would bring value to this whole system.

What about you?  What do you think your defining characteristics are?  And more importantly, how would you turn it into a shmancy fantasy title?

No comments:

Post a Comment