Tuesday, April 16, 2013

On not eating.

I'm not sure when I picked the habit up. Probably while I was tending bar, because between the availability of booze and the never-ending stream of activity, it was pretty easy to forget. But at some point in time, I got it into my head that eating at work was a waste of time.

This is an extremely unhealthy habit, I know. Once, while bartending, I forgot to eat for three days straight - my roommate had to point out that I looked like shit before I realized I was running on nothing but alcohol and adrenaline.

But for some goddamned reason, I have difficulty bringing myself to stop and chew on something when there's dishes to do, shit to restock, tables to wipe, and things to prep. I keep telling myself 'one more task, and I'll stop and eat'. Then another, and another.

Suffice to say I'm in a shitty mood by the end of my shift. Just another thing I should probably work on, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment